A Bullet Point Bio:
- I am the author of Tales For My Children, an audio book published by Red Wine Press. I have also written for St. Anne’s Pub and Prodigal Magazine.
- At the age of five, I moved with my parents and two younger siblings to Kenya, Africa where I spent nearly six formative years…mostly barefooted.
- I received my B.A. from Whitworth University and promptly started teaching high school students. I’ve been teaching ever since.
My Life As Clark Kent:
- In my free time, I enjoy writing, reading, fly-fishing, and spelunking with my invisible friend (aka writing some more). Church is an essential part of my life and I am a member of Christ Church, Spokane, where all my children were baptized.
- I am married to my wife, Kristen, and we have five wild and wonderful children who love galloping after God’s fingerprint here in the Northwest. I spend most of my time as a human Mt. Everest, and do my writing after the children are too exhausted to climb anymore.
- My blog is focused on curing my natural apathy in life. My mission is to help Christians (myself especially) live life more intentionally. I’m convinced that the best cure for apathy requires re-imagining key areas of life. So I write on the Godward life, culture, relationships, leadership, and writing. Once in awhile, I write posts that don’t quite fit one of those categories.
- My goal is to create biblically sound, insightful, relevant, and applicable content every week. If you want to re-imagine your life like I want to, this blog is for you.
- I typically post once a week. To make sure you don’t miss the latest, you can subscribe via e-mail (my favorite option since I can keep you better posted on upcoming projects).